Saturday, January 9, 2010

My favorite songs of the decade - Part 3

“Do you want to” by Franz Ferdinand

You’ve got to admit, these guys know how to write songs that sound good in bars. It might not be the kind of thing you want to hear at home but get a few drinks in you and it rocks.

“No shoes, no shirt, no problems” by Kenny Chesney

The closest song to “Margaritaville” since “Margaritaville.” And I mean that it a good way.

“Stuck in a moment” by U2

Yeah, I know it’s by the Self-righteous Brothers but it gets me every time. Although, for me, I was stuck in a decade.

“Drinking Buddy” by Gord Bamford

The true measure of a country song these days is how little it makes you cringe. (I’m looking at you, Taylor Swift) This one’s just a quality tune about your girlfriend being able to drink you under the table. Highly recommended, if you like that sort of thing.

“We love disco” by Paul Bellini

I know it might seem like I’m being biased but I still believe this song could be a major hit. It’s that good.