Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No one gets out wtihout singing the blues

Despite my best efforts to stay optimistic and enthused, I’ve got the blues. It happens from time to time; especially when the only one encouraging you is yourself. Everything just seems like an overly verbose REM song and the litany of what’s wrong in the world is wearing me out; personal question marks, earthquakes, late night squabbles, right wingers interviewing each other, pointless playoff games, cold weather, juiced hitting champs, American idolatry, unexpected schedule changes. In short, I’m emotionally exhausted. I went for a walk in the slightly less cold sunshine and that didn’t do any good either. So, instead of droning on I’m going to post this short missive from the front and try to get a good night sleep. I’ll have something more encouraging to say tomorrow.

I hope.