Sunday, January 3, 2010

Shhh

Coming back to New Jersey and spending time with my mom and her boyfriend has been a mostly miserable experience except for one thing, their local library. (not that they've ever set foot in it. all they do is watch tv all day in separate rooms at full blast) Since Franklin Lakes is one of top 25 most expensive cities for real estate in the US, apparently the money they save on fighting crime and installing sidewalks they've used to put into their library system. What makes it so great? It's quiet, quaint, comfy and furnished with the most up to date collection of books, dvd's and cd's I've ever seen in the system of a small city like this. Since there's absolutely nothing else to do in this tired burg (no bars, no restaurants, no transit) I've been reading like crazy. Plus, this building is on the edge of a municipal park so the snowy views are really thrilling and inspiring. I've probably written about 150 poems here already. Thank God at least there's the library because without it I would be losing my mind with boredom and depression.

Now I remember why I left home in the first place.